(22)Eventlive: streaming app blossom transformation

Eventlive is a streaming app with excellent reviews on the App Store. However, the founder had a request for increasing the number of users and sales.

The main task was to improve the onboarding process and refine the dashboard panel to make it more user-friendly. I decided to expand a bit on the brief.


On this project, I worked with a talented junior designer, Yuliana Ishchenko. Since she was responsible for the entire UI, my task was to improve the user flow and eliminate dead ends. But in addition to this task, I decided to improve the visual language to make the company more recognizable. With the client's approval, I worked on both aspects in parallel.

At the beginning of the project, there was only a logo made with the GT Super Display font in uppercase letters, and the letter "i" was marked with a red circle. At the same time, the icon in the App Store was a lowercase "e".

I made a mood board and decided to develop the circle idea. Since events are always dynamic, the circle shape began to take on a more active form. This led to a transformation from a circle to an oval.

As for the lowercase "e", I didn't want to mess with its recognizability too much, so I simply added more dynamism by making the "e" italic. Moreover, the counterform of the "e" is precisely the oval shape.

During the process, it became clear that the client wanted to expand the number of business directions within an application. In addition to focusing on weddings, they wanted to broaden the audience by positioning the streaming app for any type of event, be it a basketball game or an anniversary. As a result, the brand based on ovals grew and the logo shape blossomed.

Circle was a starting point for the whole project.

When the ovals overlap, they form a blooming image.

An elegant shift that evokes the dynamism of the event.


During the project, I put together a design system that included colors (primary, secondary, neutrals, accents), type scales, grids, and a UI library with components. This made it easier for the junior designer to create interfaces using a solid foundation.

One of the challenging tasks was to determine which types of rounding we would use, considering the multi-oval shape of the logo. During the process, we decided that the container radius would be dynamic, based on their height. As a result, the interface contains both round buttons and rectangles with rounded corners.

Different button types. Shapes and colors depend on context. We also implemented L, M and S sizes.

Surt by Blaze type is a perfect balance between roundness and straightness.

Contrasting colors with a strong emphasis on the primary red.


Loom was a real lifesaver in this project. Despite having a small team, it was difficult for everyone to synchronize due to different time zones and biorhythms. I recorded looms and explained the meaning behind each of my decisions during the UX design phase.

Loom = one love.

Schematic of the user flow. From the start screen to registering or testing the app, then to the different types of dashboards, and from there to the paywall.


The layout was built based on widgets. Each meaningful block was assigned its own container with a unique appearance so that users could easily orient themselves on the dashboard screen.

View of one of the widgets in the app.

Unified onboarding screens with the oval shapes as visuals.

New app icon.


The junior designer did an excellent job and developed the interface at a mid-level designer quality. UX issues were fixed, and cross-paths were added to the app, leading users to the next point without any dead ends.

The work on the app is still ongoing, so stay tuned and follow the process by downloading the app from the App Store.

Download on the
App Store